Safety near gas stoves

This is a very important message.  Please forward to your friends.

This was forwarded by my friend.

This is a shocking episode that happened last Friday (13th May 2011) in Pune.
This may be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us to remember.

I was talking to someone I know, a person who is normally quite lively and chirpy but who sounded rather down and depressed this morning. This is the story that I heard, the reason behind the depression... A family friend had died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.

The gas stove was on, cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it..Near the gas stove, which was on/burning. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustained 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife has succumbed, dead on arrival.

I've been trying to gather some information on the insect repellents such as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. Are they inflammable? I guess they are, and the nano-particles spread extremely rapidly.

Did the poor lady realize the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Spread the word around.... who knows you may save more than a life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.